1-DAY IN-HOUSE WORKSHOP
At the end of the workshop, participants will have a good understanding on how to handle employee grievances effectively, take disciplinary action with confidence and work collaboratively with Trade Union.
To give participants a good understanding on how to handle employee grievances effectively, take disciplinary action with confidence and work collaboratively with Trade Union.
Lectures, discussion and sharing.
Grievance and Grievance-Handling
- Understanding grievances and why employees raised them
- Common grievances
- Negative response to grievance
- Consequences of mishandling grievances
- Handling grievance effectively
- Company’s grievance-handling procedure and what you need to do
Discipline and Disciplinary Action
- What is discipline?
- Why need to discipline?
- How do you discipline a staff without fear or favour?
- Progressive Discipline
- Golden Rules in Discipline
- Hot-Stove Rules
- Common types of discipline
- Company’s Code of Conduct & Discipline
- What are the common kinds of disciplinary infractions?
- How do you know the disciplinary action is fair?
- How do you determine what level of progressive discipline is appropriate for the offence?
Termination of Service
- Contract and contractual rights
- Termination with notice
- Payment in lieu of notice
- Dismissal without notice
- Holding an Inquiry
- Right of staff to appeal for wrongly dismissal
- Consequences of wrongful dismissal
- Victimisation of union officials
- Handling dismissal effectively
- What must you do before resorting to dismissal?
- How can you ensure the dismissal is justified and fair?
Developing Positive Working Relationship with your Trade Union
- Dos and Don’ts
- Handling different types of staff
At the end of the Workshop, there will be a Question-and-Answer session to provide participants an opportunity to raise issues and problems relating to your experience and practices.
Chow Kwok Wah, HR Guru
HRguru Pte Ltd
Kwok Wah is a seasoned HR professional with over 40 years of experience, 22 years of which was spent in the transport and logistics industries.
Call Us: +65 9824 8821
Please fill in the following form to register your interest and keep updated with the latest developments of the programme.