1-DAY IN-HOUSE WORKSHOP
At the end of the workshop, participants will have a good understanding of the various provisions of the Employment Act and its applications in their day-to-day dealings at the workplace; and on how to handle employee grievances effectively, take disciplinary action with confidence and work collaboratively with Trade Union.
- To give participants an understanding of the various provisions of the Employment Act and its applications in your day-to-day dealings at the workplace.
- To give participants an understanding of how to handle employee grievances effectively and take disciplinary action with confidence.
Who should attend?
Line-managers, supervisors, executives and HR practitioners and any person interested in gaining an understanding of the Singapore industrial relations system and practices.
Lecture, Discussion and Question-and-Answer sessions.
Historical background of Employment Act
- Scope of the Act: who are covered
- Why were managerial, executive and confidential staff not covered under the Employment Act in the past and how do the latest amendments alter their positions?
Salary and Other Statutory Payment
- Calculation and formula
- Authorized & Unauthorized Deduction
Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Shift work, working hours & limits
- Rest Day Work
- Working on Public Holidays
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Public Holidays
- Denial of Leave for Disciplinary Reasons
Recent Changes to Employment Act
- Key Employment Terms
- Itemized Payslips
- Record Keeping
- Retirement and Re-employment (Amendment) Act
Handling Grievances and Staff Discipline
- Grievance procedure and Grievance Handling
- Progressive Discipline
- Performance Improvement Plan
- Hot Stove Rules
- Enforcement of Discipline
Termination and Dismissal
- Termination of Contract
- Termination without Notice
- Dismissal for Misconduct
- Inquiry Procedures
- Right of Employees to Appeal
- Consequences of Wrongful Dismissal
At the end of the Workshop, there will be a Question-and-Answer session to provide participants an opportunity to raise issues and problems relating to your experience and practices.
Chow Kwok Wah, HR Guru
HRguru Pte Ltd
Kwok Wah is a seasoned HR professional with over 40 years of experience, 22 years of which was spent in the transport and logistics industries.
Please fill in the following form to register your interest and keep updated with the latest developments of the programme.