1-DAY IN-HOUSE WORKSHOP
At the end of the workshop, participants will have a good understanding on how to handle employee grievances effectively, take disciplinary action with confidence and work collaboratively with Trade Union.
To give participants a good understanding on how to handle employee grievances effectively, take disciplinary action with confidence and work collaboratively with Trade Union.
Lectures, discussion and sharing.
Grievance and Grievance-Handling
- Understanding grievances and why employees raised them
- Common grievances
- Negative response to grievance
- Consequences of mishandling grievances
- Handling grievance effectively
- Company’s grievance-handling procedure and what you need to do
Discipline and Disciplinary Action
- What is discipline?
- Why need to discipline?
- How do you discipline a staff without fear or favour?
- Progressive Discipline
- Golden Rules in Discipline
- Hot-Stove Rules
- Common types of discipline
- Company’s Code of Conduct & Discipline
- What are the common kinds of disciplinary infractions?
- How do you know the disciplinary action is fair?
- How do you determine what level of progressive discipline is appropriate for the offence?
Termination of Service
- Contract and contractual rights
- Termination with notice
- Payment in lieu of notice
- Dismissal without notice
- Holding an Inquiry
- Right of staff to appeal for wrongly dismissal
- Consequences of wrongful dismissal
- Victimisation of union officials
- Handling dismissal effectively
- What must you do before resorting to dismissal?
- How can you ensure the dismissal is justified and fair?
Developing Positive Working Relationship with your Trade Union
- Dos and Don’ts
- Handling different types of staff
At the end of the Workshop, there will be a Question-and-Answer session to provide participants an opportunity to raise issues and problems relating to your experience and practices.
Chow Kwok Wah, HR Guru
HRguru Pte Ltd
Kwok Wah is a seasoned HR professional with over 40 years of experience, 22 years of which was spent in the transport and logistics industries.
Please fill in the following form to register your interest and keep updated with the latest developments of the programme.