1-DAY IN-HOUSE WORKSHOP
At the end of the workshop, participants will have a good understanding of the various provisions of the Employment Act and its applications in their day-to-day dealings at the workplace; and on how to handle employee grievances effectively, take disciplinary action with confidence and work collaboratively with Trade Union.
- To give participants an understanding of the various provisions of the Employment Act and its applications in your day-to-day dealings at the workplace.
- To give participants an understanding of how to handle employee grievances effectively and take disciplinary action with confidence.
Who should attend?
Line-managers, supervisors, executives and HR practitioners and any person interested in gaining an understanding of the Singapore industrial relations system and practices.
Lecture, Discussion and Question-and-Answer sessions.
Historical background of Employment Act
- Scope of the Act: who are covered
- Why were managerial, executive and confidential staff not covered under the Employment Act in the past and how do the latest amendments alter their positions?
Salary and Other Statutory Payment
- Calculation and formula
- Authorized & Unauthorized Deduction
Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Shift work, working hours & limits
- Rest Day Work
- Working on Public Holidays
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Public Holidays
- Denial of Leave for Disciplinary Reasons
Recent Changes to Employment Act
- Key Employment Terms
- Itemized Payslips
- Record Keeping
- Retirement and Re-employment (Amendment) Act
Handling Grievances and Staff Discipline
- Grievance procedure and Grievance Handling
- Progressive Discipline
- Performance Improvement Plan
- Hot Stove Rules
- Enforcement of Discipline
Termination and Dismissal
- Termination of Contract
- Termination without Notice
- Dismissal for Misconduct
- Inquiry Procedures
- Right of Employees to Appeal
- Consequences of Wrongful Dismissal
At the end of the Workshop, there will be a Question-and-Answer session to provide participants an opportunity to raise issues and problems relating to your experience and practices.
Chow Kwok Wah, HR Guru
HRguru Pte Ltd
Kwok Wah is a seasoned HR professional with over 40 years of experience, 22 years of which was spent in the transport and logistics industries.